St. Roch sails south [moving images] / Crawley Films Limited
Physical Description1 film reel (15 min.) : acetate, col., sd. ; 16 mm
Scope & Content
- Map showing E-W route of St. Roch through NWP and around North America: Halifax-Esquimalt- Vancouver- San Francisco- San Diego-Acapulco-Balboa-Havana-Norfolk- New York-Nova Scotia
- St. Roch in drydock for repairs
- Vancouver: at wharf, loading supplies, public waving goodbye, at sea
- San Francisco: Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, in SF Bay Harbour, media & dignitaries awarding crew a plaque, boy on board with Mountie magazine and Mountie toys
- Leaving San Fran, ship maintenance by crew while at sea
- San Diego: passing by naval warship, crew using navigation aids (sextant), general views from deck looking towards the shore, dolphins swimming alongside
- Acapulco: docking, crew at rest
- Balboa: sailing to, through Panama Canal and locks, shore leave in Havana, at sea
- New York: docked in NY Harbour, passing Statue of Liberty
A copy (or possibly the original film) can be found at Library and Archives Canada (BAC-LAC), Royal Canadian Mounted Police fonds, item number 43477
RestrictionsReproduction: Crown copyright expired.
Access: Please consult digital copy of this film.