CCGS Alexander Mackenzie

Other Names
later: 902 (II)
later: Viviane II
Vessel Type
Patrol » Coast Guard
Ship Date
Launched: 1950
Vessel Description

Alexander Mackenzie was built in 1950 by Burrard Drydock in North Vancouver with a sister ship Sir James Douglas, for navaids work on the West Coast. It was transferred east in 1982 in exchange for Wolfe, and remained in service until 1988 when it was in turn replaced by Montmorency.

Renamed 902, it was sold in 1990 to Quebec owners involved in selling old fishing vessels to South America. Its activities have been somewhat vague since then, but in 1990 it became Viviane II for Balladier Shipping of Panama City, Panama and is still in existence according to Lloyds.

Source: Shipfax: Canadian Coast Guard - a new book and a look back - Part 1