In 1949 she arrived at Victoria BC for Triangle Run service. The second of Canadian Pacific Line's two 356 foot long, 56 foot wide, 5,611/6,062 ton (1963 refit) Fairfield Shipyards, Scotland-built west Pacific coast steam turbine passenger ships, the SS Princess Patricia was named in 1949 for Princess Patricia of Connaught. In 1965-66 she was under winter charter to Princess Cruises Los Angeles - Acapulco. She was retired from Alaskan cruising services in 1978, used as a floating hotel in Vancouver for Expo 86. In 1988 she was under arrest at Esquimalt BC. On November 22, 1988 she was struck from the register. In 1989 she was towed to Kaohsiung Taiwan ROC by the tug Baltic Rescuer for breaking up. In 1989 she was broken up in Taiwan ROC.