She was a patrol vessel in the RCN 1917-19. She carried out anti-submarine patrols in the Bay of Fundy, off the south shore of Nova Scotia and in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Between the wars she was a hydrographic survey ship. She was commissioned into the RCN again 1939-45. She served as a training vessel for HMCS Stadacona. She patrolled the approaches to Haliax 1940-41. Afterwards she was a a training vessel for A/A and DEMS gunners. In 1944-45 she was a gunnery training tender to Cornwallis. In 1945 she resumed her role as hydrographic survey vessel. She was laid up at the Bedford Institute of Oceanography in Dartmouth NS. In 1980 to the present (2004) she became a floating museum ship at the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic in Halifax NS.
Source: Nauticapedia: Acadia (C.G.S.)