She was a Canadian Naval Patrol Trawler in service in 1917. After First World War service she resumed her original name, was sold into private hands and resumed fishing.
There were seven New England-built menhaden trawlers that made up a patrol and minesweeping flotilla based at Sydney, N.S. Purchased in the U.S., they served in the RCN between Mar 1917 and Apr 1919, subsequently reverting to their former names and occupation. Each was armed with a 12-pounder gun.